Saturday, 15 June 2013

TURN AROUND GROUP DAY 3

On wednesday, I decided to attend a beatboxing class. I found it really helpful. I didnt learn new sounds or how to beatbox any better, but I learnt how to teach it. By focusing on the teachers actions and exercises the whole lesson, I felt confident to teach a class afterwoulds. I was really looking forward to sharing my skill with the turnaround group and hopefully enhancing them, so they would be able to do a steady, strong beat.
On friday when I started to teach them, I stuck to the basic 3 sounds needed to make a simple, good beat for beginners.
I taught them a high hat sound, a bass drum and a snare sound. Once they had mastered this we went round the circle all incorporating our own sounds into once massive jamming session. I felt like it went well. I believe everyone went away that day being able to do that standard beat. It was fun teaching them and I felt confident and at ease.
When with the youth offenders, I find new confidence in myself coming through that I never thought I had. I like the way I teach with a laid back calm attitude that still gets listened too.
For my next teaching task I would like to add new sounds, but still use the structure of the lesson I went to in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment