Another productive enjoyable day. We went a bit deeper into the drama side today. After many warm ups and fun games we introduced the turn around group to improvisation games. I think the use of improvisation was a great idea to get them started because it got people to use thier imagination and to think outside of the box. Everyone seemed very comfortable and I think the youth offenders are gaining more confidence week by week. It is nice to see such improvement in them. I also noticed that as a group we are all very aware of one another. I tend to always look around the circle to check if everyone is happy and understands what is going on. I also notice others doing this too. It is brilliant working with a group with such initiative.
Once the group could hack improvisation, we moved on to scriptwork. Whoever wanted to direct got given a script and chose the actors they wanted. There were about 5 groups, and each group really made the most out of this opportunity and creater some fantastic pieces. It was good seeing everyone up on there feet working for a finished product. I dont believe anyone sat back and let others do the work. It was an awesome team effort and there is so much potential in all of the group. I also like how everyone is now comfortable to perform. We have such a happy calm environment so there is no need to hold back.
One boy was quite hessitant to perform but he did anyway and he was surprisingly really good. His group worked around him and chose an awesome section from a play to use which suited him perfectly. I cant wait to see what everyone will bring to the next session
Monday, 10 June 2013
TURN AROUND GROUP DAY 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment